If you can use the commode and wash your hands at the same time, you may have a tiny bathroom. All joking aside, a cramped restroom might make your facilities the least favorite room of your home, but it doesn’t have to be – not when you incorporate some of these unique ideas into your design. By adding some of these elements to your small bathroom, you’ll create an illusion of space and beauty, and
- Monochromatic Color Scheme: Use of one color can make your space appear larger. Plus, monochromatic doesn’t mean you only have to use one color – you can use varying hues. And, choose neutral tones for maximum effect.
- Reduce Fixture Size: Smaller sinks, toilets and tubs equal more floor space. And, while you’re at it, modernize your accessories, as today’s styles are sleeker with more visual appeal.
- Choose a Glass Enclosure: Glass doors on showers and tubs make your space appear larger, whereas shower curtains create a divider that removes any illusion of space.
- Smoke and Mirrors: Well, maybe just mirrors – but adding larger, wall-sized mirrors reflect light and add visual space.
- Lighten Up: Choose lighter wood for your cabinetry – it allows for more surface reflection. And, opt for open cabinetry as well, as it adds depth.
Knowing how to redesign a small bathroom space can be challenging – luckily, a bathroom contractor with years of experience is closer than you think. When it’s time for your small bathroom to get a facelift, trust the experts at Fahy Kitchens & Baths to help. Please feel free to contact us at (315) 735-8181 or fax to (315) 735-2829. Fahy Kitchens & Baths is located at 1908 Oriskany Street West in Utica, N.Y. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are appreciated.