When you’re decorating your home for the holidays, consider decking your halls for the season – not just the upcoming festivities. There are many ways you can add decorative elements to your home that will carry you right through the holiday season to spring. Top designer Marc Thee has some great ideas that will transform your home into a winter wonderland – not just for Hanukkah or Christmas, but all year through.
- Keep your decorating palette more subdued. Instead of the festive bright reds and greens, choose neutrals and whites.
- Add warm metallic elements to your décor. Silver and gold may be the stuff of holiday tunes, but bronze and platinum will carry you through ‘til spring. Thee says glass containers containing bronze and platinum balls or pinecones are “elegant and simple.”
- Bring the evergreen inside. Look for outdoor greenery, such as magnolia boughs, and bring them indoors. Place your leaf cuttings in glass vases, and accent with neutral and warm metallic candles.
- And, keep the candles burning. Candlelight adds warmth and a woodsy scent. Thee mentions, though, that there should just be one scented candle per room, and the rest should be unscented.
- Embrace some fabulous faux fur. A faux fur throw or pillows instantly add warmth to your room. Just don’t overdo it!
By adding these design elements, your home will not only look beautiful for friends and family visiting during the holidays, it will also be a warm, comfortable place for you to spend the upcoming winter months. For more design tips and suggestions, contact our design team at Fahy Kitchens & Baths. Please feel free to contact us at (315) 735-8181 or fax to (315) 735-2829. Fahy Kitchens & Baths is located at 1908 Oriskany Street West in Utica, N.Y. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are appreciated.
Leave a Reply