You don’t have to head to Hawaii to enjoy life in the islands – just consider installing a great kitchen island! When you’re in the process of remodeling your kitchen, it’s the perfect time to think about how an island can enhance the look and feel of your new kitchen – and add some practicality at the same time.
So why install a kitchen island? There are several reasons:
- Added storage area: By installing a new kitchen island, you can increase the storage area in your kitchen space. You can equip your island with drawers, pull-out shelves and cabinetry – even recycling bins and waste bins!
- A great family center: Kitchen islands can help bring families together. They’re a great place for the kids to sit and chat or do homework while you’re preparing dinner. Or, maybe add some kid-friendly appliances like microwaves and mini-fridges, for kids who are old enough to help themselves.
- Extra seating: Many families enjoy sitting around the island for informal dinners, and it’s always a great idea to have extra seating for overflow at gatherings and parties.
- Go mobile: If your kitchen is small, but you need extra counter space sometimes and extra floor space other times, consider installing an island that can be moved if need be.
- Keep it convenient: If you have a large kitchen, entertain a lot, or just really enjoy cooking and being in the kitchen, consider equipping your island with things like prep sinks, refrigerated compartments, and a grill or range.
- Unlimited designs: Your island should complement your kitchen design, and the possibilities are endless. There are numerous types of countertop, cabinetry, fixtures and seating that you can add to your island to make it blend flawlessly with your kitchen’s design scheme.
When you’re thinking about a kitchen remodel, an “island getaway” might be just what you need to make the most of your kitchen. Trust the experts at Fahy Kitchens & Baths to help. Please feel free to contact us at (315) 735-8181 or fax to (315) 735-2829. Fahy Kitchens & Baths is located at 1908 Oriskany Street West in Utica, N.Y. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are appreciated.
Leave a Reply